Who We Are:
Southern California Public Radio (SCPR) is a member-supported public media network whose mission is to strengthen the civic and cultural bonds that unite Southern California's diverse communities by providing the highest quality news and information service on air at 89.3 KPCC, online at LAist.com and through KPCC In Person. Since our founding in 1999, SCPR has been a fast growing, innovative, multi-platform public service newsroom. Every day, our staff helps audiences catch up on the latest headlines, solve the complexities of life in Southern California, and connect curious communities to one another.
In consultation with the Vice President, Development & Membership, the Membership Manager is responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing direct mail and telemarketing fundraising efforts to meet or exceed annual membership revenue goals while gathering data and statistics to analyze and improve upon their results. They will also work with the other fundraising team members to ensure multichannel fundraising activities are cohesive and aligned with the overall giving strategies. This position also oversees the vehicle donation and matching gift programs.
Together with the Vice President, Development & Membership, they work to find new, innovative fundraising techniques to improve membership performance and explore new revenue channels.
The salary for this opportunity will be no less than $67,945 annualized. Exact salary determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure and internal equity.
- Manages all aspects of SCPR's direct mail and telemarketing programs, including writing copy and scripts, pulling and scrubbing lists, reviewing proofs, and generating and loading subsources.
- Manages campaigns once they are launched, ensuring goals are being met.
- Reports on campaign results
- Manages vendor relationships, including budgeting, contracts, PCI compliance, invoicing, and inventory
- Projects results based on previous years' pacing as well as list sizes and other external factors
- Tracks both budget and revenue for direct mail and tele-marketing campaigns.
- Generates gift tracker reports, renewal reports, and other analyses.
- Coordinates with APMG for data pulls, ensuring that subsources are coded into correct categories for accurate benchmark reporting
- Works to identify trends within reporting that can help improve fundraising performance across the department.
- Oversee SCPR's vehicle donation program, monitor and respond to any issues, and act as the main point of contact with our vehicle donation partner, CARS.
- Creates semi-annual campaigns to promote the vehicle donation program. Ensures that annual vehicle donation goals are being met
- Oversee SCPR's matching gift program.
- Works with the Member Services Team to ensure that matching gift forms are completed in a timely manner
- Identifies and implements ways in which the matching gift program can be promoted and bolstered.
- Track matching gift revenue, comparing it to how it is pacing to the annual goal.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of related work experience, including:
- Work experience in a complex, data-intensive operational and analytical realm.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Retention, loyalty, and membership marketing.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bias toward data-driven decision-making to design solutions and adapt those solutions in response to new/additional data.
- Well-developed collaboration skills to lead and work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and goals, communicate with precision and clarity, motivate others and enlist them to meet goals.
- Experience budgeting, forecasting, and analyzing campaigns
- Working knowledge of data bases and financial systems.
- Demonstrated track record in meeting financial goals and developing strategies for revenue potential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, and internet-based software.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous for-profit experience.
Reporting To This Position: None.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.