VPM is a public media organization serving Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. The VPM News team produces award-winning journalism for our NPR station in Richmond and distribution across our digital channels to over 2 million people in VPM’s coverage area. As an independent, non-profit service, we strive to create and serve a more informed public.
VPM is seeking a Digital and FM Reporter to collect and analyze information of interest, including government and breaking news, and report it to the public through broadcast and digital channels. VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Reports regular daily and long-form news that could include audio, digital, written, and visual elements.
• Engages with the greater Richmond community across racial and income spectrums to build sources.
• Works closely with the news team to communicate editorial priorities and share ideas.
• Assists other reporters when necessary.
• 2-3 years of experience reporting.
• Public radio experience a plus.
• Proficient in Adobe Audition or similar editing software.
• Demonstrated web and social media-based editing and production skills.
• Demonstrated strong photography skills.
• Possesses a valid driver’s license and can travel.
Apply by sending your resume and reel of work to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.