The Digital Project Manager is responsible for planning and coordinating digital projects and initiatives across WAMU. The position works closely with web developers, subject matter experts, internal stakeholders and third-party vendors to plan, coordinate, execute and deliver projects on time and on budget, while minimizing risks and ensuring compliance with best practices. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the Digital Project Manager tracks project status and coordinates project teams and shared resources. The Digital Project Manager will apply organizational development and change management knowledge in order to lead and implement technical and business solutions to successfully achieve desired business outcomes for WAMU.
What you’ll do:
- Manage project timelines, resources, and project scope from initiation through delivery.
- Serve as a bridge to cross-departmental stakeholders to prioritize features, communicate status, and manage expectations.
- Build professional and mutually respectful relationships with stakeholders (staff and management team) to encourage collaboration.
- Act as liaison between implementation teams, management, and vendors to ensure completion of the project on schedule, on budget, and within scope.
- Work with a diverse group of staff members, stakeholders, and customers across the organization to define project requirements, guiding the process according to user-centered best-practices.
- Perform due diligence in rigorously defining project goals, project scope, requirements, priorities, constraints, evaluation criteria, and testing of assumptions in consultation with the project sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Assist in building and maintaining technical and end-user documentation.
- Capture, synthesize and effectively disseminate decision points to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Assist in quality assurance and user acceptance testing around new projects and integrations.
And much more…
Your experience and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required..
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of web application architecture.
- Knowledge of user-centered design and design thinking principles.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders and to translate nuanced stakeholder feedback and requirements into technical specifications.