This is a newly created opportunity to join WBUR's Marketing & Communications team. We're hard at work building trust, brand and audience for our journalism ranging from local and national programs, podcasts, newsletters to live events and more. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for a range of projects such as executing marketing plans, project managing WBUR collaborations with strategic partners both internally and externally, measuring campaign results and helping to maintain brand channels on-air, online, on demand and on stage. This position will provide essential administrative and strategic support to marketing, communications and audience development goals. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, mission-driven media company, be a self-starter and an independent decision-maker. If you are creative, passionate about marketing and building loyalty and habit, we encourage you to apply. This position will report to the Director of Marketing & Communications at WBUR.
- Support the Director of Marketing & Communications in the execution and project management of WBUR's marketing, communications and audience development efforts.
- Manage marketing collateral and distribution for internal and external partners. Collaborate cross-departmentally to develop, enhance or revise marketing materials. Related projects include maintaining a photo and brand asset library, building presentations, communicating survey results, reporting on media buys and partner trades/swaps. - Build out promotional assets for public relations and social media campaigns. Write, edit and enhance copy to meet established tone and style. Execute content strategy and plan for station updates on our brand channels.
- Amplify the WBUR brand across channels by supporting key strategies and implement tactics for initiatives on-air, online, on demand (podcasts) and in person (live events). Stay on top of new opportunities to leverage digital, email and social platforms to increase consumption, engage advocates and influencers to build brand and grow audience.
- Support the Sr. Audience Development Manager in strategizing and implementing a holistic growth strategy for WBURs products by owning individual campaigns and projects across platforms.
- Document and analyze outcomes. Ensure data integrity. Generate wrap reports and focus on measurement of campaigns with outputs such as recaps, partner reports and case studies.
- Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least five to seven years of related experience.
- Good project management and time management skills.
- Impeccable follow up and strong sense of urgency, ability to drive to outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and complete tasks on time within a fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinker with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of martech, web publishing (WordPress), email (MailChimp), video and social media platforms extremely helpful.
Apply via website: MARKETING SPECIALIST, WBUR Marketing & Communications