The WBUR Traffic Manager will be an expert in usage and functionality of the Wide Orbit software package in use at WBUR. They will be responsible for all daily operational requirements for on-air broadcast operations and FCC requirements in addition to supporting podcast and other digital platform underwriting needs.
This position will supervise and receive support from the Assistant Traffic Manager. Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Direct the booking of all orders into the traffic system
- Assess ongoing systems, operational and servicing needs of broadcast traffic to maintain industry service standards
- Act as a liaison with all departments to coordinate and manage the flow of information as it relates traffic scheduling
- Manage broadcast logs and generate reports of broadcast traffic, including daily reconciliation and ratings information, to highlight trends and identify risks and opportunities
- Troubleshoot broadcast traffic issues
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required
- 8-10 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Wide Orbit software including but not limited to the digital audio suite.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to successfully collaborate with many other departments
- Have excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Pay close attention to detail
- Be able to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure, react quickly and meet deadlines
- Learn and have knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio advertising
Hybrid work option available