Associate Producer, Multimedia Fundraising
Reports to: Executive Director, Multimedia Fundraising
The Associate Producer, Multimedia Fundraising will work in our innovative Multimedia Fundraising team to help design and execute fundraising campaigns for TV, WETA Classical radio and livestream, the PBS video app, podcasts and other digital platforms. This position will help design and build our nascent digital fundraising initiatives and support our broadcast fundraising initiatives.
- Assist in the creation, writing and editing of fundraising content for all of our on-air and digital channels.
- Serve as liaison with Air Operations, prepare break schedules and monitor feeds.
- Manage call center logistics including gifts, stores, and program lists.
- Create graphic elements for fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maximize on-air and multichannel fundraising in our rapidly evolving industry.
- Experiment with digital video fundraising approaches.
- Work with Executive Director and Senior Producer of Multimedia Fundraising to execute annual fundraising strategies for our classical radio stations and television channels and digital platforms.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop skills.
- Excellent oral and demonstrated writing skills with careful attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, teamwork, project planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work irregular shifts, long hours and weekends.
- Enthusiasm for new ideas and initiatives.
- Experience with digital video desired.
Education and Experience
- College degree in a related field.
- Minimum five years of professional experience with two to four years in non-profit fundraising and television production, or other directly related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WETA and NewsHour Productions are Washington, DC established media and news organizations. We are a largely local workforce based out of the Campbell Place office in Arlington, VA. WETA and NewsHour Productions value employee flexibility when possible. Most positions based in our Arlington, VA office will be onsite or hybrid, depending upon the role.
WETA and its subsidiary NewsHour Productions LLC serve local and national public media audiences by producing and distributing content of intellectual integrity and cultural merit. Through broadcast, digital and community services, the organization offers compelling, diverse programming on five television channels, including primary channel WETA PBS, and on WETA Classical, the exclusive home for classical music in the nation’s capital; produces a portfolio of national television productions, including PBS NewsHour, recognized globally for bringing balanced, in-depth news coverage to all Americans; creates impactful documentaries with longtime production partners Ken Burns and Prof. Henry Louis Gates, Jr.; features a variety of content offerings on weta.org, WETA Passport, the PBS Video App and the WETA Classical App; and serves communities near and far with education and engagement initiatives that contribute to the company’s mission of public service.
WETA and NewsHour Productions prioritizes the safety and security of our community. In accordance with our focus on providing and maintaining a safe workplace, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees working in a WETA and/or NewsHour Productions office and employees who may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite, subject to business needs.
In accordance with this policy, all applicants for employment in a WETA and/or NewsHour Productions office are required to be up to date on vaccinations against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Requests for exemption from this policy based on a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief will be considered upon a conditional offer of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
WETA and NewsHour Productions is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is informed by guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities, as applicable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
WETA and NewsHour Productions are equal opportunity employers committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and internships. WETA and NewsHour Productions make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.