Associate, Revenue Processing
Reports to: Senior Manager, Development Operations
We are hiring an Associate, Revenue Processing to join our team. You’ll be a key member of our central processing hub in this fast-paced, detail-oriented position. Efficiency and accuracy are key in the role, as you’ll be part of the central processing hub of all our fundraising revenue streams.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Visit WETA headquarters to coordinate in-house check deposits with Finance team.
- Securely scan and encrypt checks to be deposited by caging vendor.
- Upload and/or manually enter batch data into CRM.
- Perform weekly Quality Control routines.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you’ll become proficient in check handling duties and become the point of contact for cross-department communications and deliverables. You’ll also be able to accurately identify IRA’s, Donor Advised Funds, Matching Gifts, Workplace Giving and other check related revenue streams.
- After 120 days, you’ll own check processing routines and subsequent end of month reconciliation reports, be the primary contributor for weekly and monthly Quality Control routines in conjunction with Data Strategy Management team. You’ll also cross-train for shared duties and back up services for Revenue Processing staff.
You must have:
- Ability to self-check your work and be detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of credit card and EFT standard operating guidelines.
- Think proactively about recommending solutions to data errors.
- Experience using relational database management software and Microsoft Office.
You should have:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a non-profit fundraising environment, college degree, or combination of education and experience.
- Financial bookkeeping knowledge.
- 4 plus years of relational database experience.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.