Coordinator, Digital Fundraising
Reports to: Senior Manager, Digital Fundraising
We’re looking to hire a Coordinator to support our dynamic and rapidly growing digital fundraising program. You’ll power efforts to acquire, renew and retain WETA donors including deploying emails, building project timelines, and collaborating with colleagues to execute digital fundraising efforts.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Work in a team to implement effective digital campaigns.
- Configure and deploy recurring email cultivation, stewardship and engagement communications, and direct solicitations in eCRM platform.
- Execute A/B testing plans to optimize emails and webforms.
- Pull and track data for email messaging, fundraising performance, engagement, and more.
- Project management: maintain communications calendar including notes and other information relevant to each project.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you’ll understand our workflows and be familiar with the digital fundraising calendar. You will have undergone intensive training.
- After 120 days, you will have immersed yourself in our day-to-day email and web campaign production cycle. You will have a comprehensive understanding of our digital calendar and be able to set up emails for deployment.
You must have:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem-solve in areas related to direct responsibilities while working effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to generate and maintain digital tracking and analytic reports in excel.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS coding or willingness to learn basic coding.
You should have:
- 1 to 2 years of experience in digital fundraising, direct response fundraising, or marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience implementing email marketing with an understanding of email reporting and performance measurement.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS coding preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use and learn digital marketing tools and technologies (e.g. coding basic HTML by hand, peer-to-peer texting programs and database management).
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.