Coordinator, Foundation and Government Development
Reports to: VP, Foundation and Government Development
We’re hiring a Coordinator for our Foundation and Government Development (FGD) department. As our Coordinator, you’ll provide fundraising administrative support to help us secure grant funding.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Research foundations for fundraising potential and prepare reports.
- Maintain shared drive files.
- Maintain accurate and current foundation and grant records in CRM database.
- Prepare miscellaneous donor mailings and packages.
- Manage administrative functions for the department, including:
- Processing payments for subscriptions and departments expenses through Concur
- Preparing materials and meeting space for funder meetings, etc.
What success looks like:
- Grants Management Success: Organized, reliable and timely acknowledgment of grants received (thank you letters to external funders) and transmittals (notification to internal WETA departments).
- Database Management Success: Timely uploads of information into ROI (our CRM), coordinating with Finance, and reminders to the team if key information is not received.
- FGD Departmental Coordination: Organized, reliable and self-designed reminders and execution on WETA internal reporting requirements in conjunction with VP (eg. Bi-weekly Financial Reports, Monthly FGD Financial Reviews and Quarterly Board Reports).
- Overall: “Can-do” positive attitude that adjusts to a fast-paced but friendly and supportive team.
You must have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Time management skills.
You should have:
- Interest in public media and fundraising.
- Familiarity with philanthropic giving.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.