Position: Account Manager
Are you a business development professional seeking a greater purpose? WFAE is seeking high performing, creative sales professionals with the highest commitment to professionalism and integrity to join our Corporate Development team. WFAE is Charlotte’s NPR news source provides independent journalism on air, on line and through events. Come make a difference to your community.
WFAE offers competitive compensation and benefit package and great work/life balance. To learn more, please visit www.WFAE.org/careers or by responding to this advertisement. The focus of this position is promoting and selling digital media assets and branded content.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, this position is responsible for all aspects of sponsorship sales for the station. Duties include achieving monthly, quarterly and annual budgets through prospecting, cold calling potential new accounts, maintaining and upselling existing accounts, selling events and digital assets, through a consultative process that includes a thorough needs analysis, customized proposal, manage deliverables for accounts, and craft FCC compliant copy. The Account Manager will be expected to provide accurate projections, maintain an up-to-date CRM system and collect payment on accounts sold as needed. The Account Manager will stay up to date on WFAE’s content and events, attending as many as possible. Performs such other duties as may be assigned, assists the team in meeting its’ common goals.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking, and social media.
- Set up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, annual revenue goals.
- Maintain an account list that includes a healthy percentage new and returning accounts in a variety of account categories and monthly spend.
- Create frequent reviews and reports with sales and financial data.
- Keep CRM system up to date with pending business account information.
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions or conferences.
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections.
- Collaborate with team members to achieve better results.
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal.
Qualifications / The Ideal Candidate
- Competitive, self-motivated, results driven, strategic, creative problem solver and storyteller who prospects outside the radio universe.
Conceptual: Comfortable selling sponsorships and events, can sell using qualitatively as well to quantitatively drawn to the diversity of station events, leans into execution de
Debra Turner Bailey
Chief Peoplel Officer