WFSU-TV/The Florida Channel is looking to fill a full-time Assistant Chief Engineer position, Job Id 50202 . If you have IT and Engineering experience in a TV broadcast setting, this opportunity might be for you!
The Florida Channel - located in the Capitol Building in Tallahassee, FL - produces 24/7, year-round coverage of all three branches of state government. Programming includes a wide variety of state proceedings, along with daily news programs, documentaries and public affairs programs covering issues important to all Floridians. Our programming is seen statewide and on the Internet.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Serves as primary back-up to the Chief Engineer/IT Manager.
- Provide support to the TFC television facility including, but not limited to: all network servers (including AVID tapeless environment servers and workstations) and end-user PC and MAC workstations.
- Provide IT systems support for computers, broadcast equipment and systems used within the TFC television facilities including maintaining software updates on all TFC computer systems.
- Oversee/maintain TFC web streams, both local and remote; and provide customer service to all TFC end-users.
- Assist staff members with issues concerning AVID and recording issues/concerns.
- Provide training of services/equipment/software to TFC end-users for new implementations and upgrades.
- Assists Chief Engineer/IT Manager in training and directing the work of other members of Engineering/IT team.
- Assist in the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the robotic camera systems.
- Assist with long-term planning, designing of improvements, upgrades, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Maintain documentation of facility design, all equipment and systems used; help to recommend, procure and install new equipment.
- Serve as one of the primary contacts for technical information and support requests.
- Assist with maintaining equipment inventories, inputting requisitions, provide recommendations for facility upgrades and equipment purchases.
- Ensures compliance with all FCC rules and regulations affecting all aspects of TFC program production and distribution.
- Assist with the directing of Legislative/committee meetings; fill-in as production crew if needed.
- Responsible for switching and routing of audio and video signals in a multi-channel video environment.
- Maintain the Capitol Complex CCTV system and assist with any upgrades and modifications.
- Other job duties as assigned.
To be a good fit you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four years of appropriate work experience. (Note: Associate's degree with six years of appropriate experience; or a combination of vocational/technical training and appropriate experience equal to eight years.)
- Experience providing IT systems support for computers and broadcast equipment (to include but not be limited to newsroom software systems, character generation systems, robotic camera systems, telepromters and various production switchers) within a television facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the use of PC Windows and Mac operating systems and associated software packages.
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing broadcast equipment.
- Experience providing customer support in-person and via phone.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work on deadline, remain calm in demanding situations, and work with limited supervision in close proximity to others.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position to include lifting up to 50 lbs. and reaching the top of a 6-foot rack.
- Ability to satisfy the travel and flexible schedule requirements.
- A valid Florida or Georgia driver’s license or the ability to obtain license upon hire.
Ideal candidate will also be professional, highly self-motivated, proactive and a team player.
If this immediate opportunity sounds interesting to you, visit https://jobs.fsu.edu to learn more and apply to the listed Job Id number. This position is Open Until Filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. New users will need to register to apply. Only applicants who apply online will be considered.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
Visit https://jobs.fsu.edu to learn more and apply to the listed Job Id number. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. New users will need to register to apply. Only applicants who apply online will be considered.