As Indiana’s largest public media, WFYI reaches more than half a million people with trusted news and compelling stories across radio, TV, digital, and in-person. Every day, we leverage NPR, PBS and our local staff to empower, educate, entertain, and connect our communities through impactful journalism, inspiring stories, and lifelong learning. Our mission has never been more important than it is right now.
The Annual Giving Associate is responsible for supporting annual giving donor processes in coordination with Member Services Bureau. Accuracy and timeliness are key, with a focus on balancing exceptional customer experience with our matching gifts, donor recapture efforts, and streaming customer service platforms. This position also performs light gift entry, among other annual giving tasks.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages WFYI Matching Gifts program
- Manages WFYI Tribute/Memorial Giving Programs
- Assists in gift entry and customer service efforts
- Responds to donor questions/comments coming in via email
- Assists donors with streaming WFYI content
- Participates/supports inter-departmental and organizational activities; such as pledge drives, projects, major events, and staff committees
Education and/or Experience
- At a minimum, a high school diploma is required, but higher education is preferred (Associate Degree, etc.)
- Prior experience in nonprofit or public media fundraising
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on efficient, accurate data tracking and communication
- Database knowledge and accounting proficiency required
- Knowledge of NPR and PBS programming is preferred
- High energy and passion for WFYI’s mission and core values