4 Global View
Troy NY 12180
Title: Videographer / Editor
Department: Production Services
Reports To: Production Manager
Performs as a remote ENG or studio camera operator, audio / video technician, television lighting designer, editor, or floor director, as required. Works collaboratively to improve production workflow and content delivery.
EXAMPLES of RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Edits in all formats for productions, when assigned, advising Production Manager, Reporters or Producer/Directors on the visual elements of field and studio reports.
- Assists Producer/Directors in assembling program elements on weekly basis as assigned.
- Assists in loading, unloading, transporting, setting up, and striking all remote production equipment.
- Manages remote equipment usage across departments.
- Constructs, sets up, lights, and maintains sets and properties.
- Acts as gaffer or grip.
- Assists with installation of technical equipment.
- Achieves and maintains sufficient proficiency to operate broadcast-related equipment.
- Participates in various training programs as assigned.
- Displays flexibility in work assignments, schedule, and hours.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, communications or related field, or equivalent training in production
- Experience as a camera operator and editor
- A demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of tools (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Audition)
- Commitment to the mission and goals of public broadcasting
- Strong commitment to excellence in the finished product; ability to work successfully either independently or as a team member
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs, frequent reaching, stretching, twisting and bending. Standing for up to two hours at one time and sitting for extended periods
- Excellent sight, hearing and manual dexterity
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with people at all levels in the organization and clients, to work under pressure of deadlines
- A valid New York State driver’s license and good driving record is required for all WMHT positions
WMHT Educational Telecommunications is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, WMHT does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume with a link to work samples to email@example.com or mail to:
4 Global View
Troy, NY 12180