WPSU Penn State is seeking a Digital Content Specialist to lead the station’s digital distribution. WPSU Penn State houses the region’s National Public Radio (NPR) and Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) stations and develops programming and education initiatives to raise awareness of important social issues.
The successful candidate must be dynamic and forward-thinking and help develop and support an organizational structure around creating and distributing digital content. The Digital Content Specialist should have extensive knowledge of digital platforms and the ability to understand and use analytics to help set the strategic direction for content development, distribution, and monetization. This position will collaborate with creative teams, underwriting and development, programming and technical staff to turn insights into action.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
● Developing and implementing strategies to help grow digital audiences and support.
● Working with Directors of Content, Broadcasting, Multimedia, Marketing and Production to ensure production workflows include digital distribution.
● Reviewing existing content, developing and adapting for reuse and repurposing for digital distribution.
● Helping review content that could be acquired to distribute via our digital platforms.
● Determining distribution platform priorities including Passport, YouTube, and social media outlets.
● Developing themes and tagging policies on all digital content. Ensuring proper tagging, SEO, and other data are included on all content when released.
This position requires:
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Extensive knowledge of digital/social platforms
● Ability to multitask and produce results while adhering to multiple deadlines
● Deep knowledge of analytics and the ability to make recommendations based on that information
● Knowledge of production practices and trends
● Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships and strategic
● Knowledge of the public media environment is a plus
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Position typically requires an associate’s degree or higher plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.