WRKF Membership Manager
WRKF Baton Rouge Public Radio – Work in one of the most culturally rich areas of the country and join a growing team. The Louisiana capital region’s leading news radio station is seeking a pro-active, positive fundraiser with a minimum two years of experience in organizing and implementing non-profit fundraising activities as membership manager. Experience working in Public Radio donor campaigns is preferred. This is a full-time, in-house, benefits eligible position in Baton Rouge.
The WRKF Membership Manager defines and implements strategies for the WRKF membership program. This key position calls for an organized and goal-oriented person who will increase the number of WRKF members, grow average gift size, improve donor retention, and develop creative strategies for donor acquisition. Reports to and works closely with the Development Director.
- Manages all components of WRKF’s membership program, including on-air pledge drives, direct mail, and digital platforms.
- Uses industry resources and best practices for acquisition, renewal, add gift, lapsed, and sustainer programs to increase average gift, donor base, and retention rate
- Supports WRKF”s commitment to member satisfaction, ensures a positive donor experience
- Coordinates membership events and tabling at external events
- Manages vendor relationships for the membership program, including vehicle donation, direct mail services, membership database software, payment systems, in-bound answering service, email marketing, premiums and membership-related print and digital materials.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of mail and digital solicitations and communications to develop data-driven fundraising strategies. Supports the Director of Development in analyzing and managing the donor pipeline from membership to mid-level donors to major donors and bequests. Generates end of month reports, including revenue and cash projections.
- Provides infrastructure support for the development director, including the design and maintenance of a donor communications calendar
- Works with development director to prepare annual budgets and define yearly work plans to include strategies for continued growth
- Reviews progress to goal throughout the year and adjusts activity to meet annual goals
- Supports the Development Associate as needed in donor communications, cultivation records, premium fulfillment and acknowledgement letters
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university
Two years’ experience organizing and implementing nonprofit fundraising activities
Demonstrated ability to self-manage
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Orientation to detail
Ability to attend to multiple tasks and competing priorities
Good critical analysis skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, the internet
Familiarity with public radio
Experience working in public radio fundraising campaigns
Experience in customer service
Willingness to work some evenings, weekends
Experience with a fundraising database and email marketing platform
Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, life and disability, 401(k) with employer match, paid vacation, personal and sick time. WRKF is an equal opportunity employer.
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled, first review Feb 1, 2022.