Position: Television Producer (Full Time)
Reports to: Director of Production
Supervises: No direct reports; however, coordinates activities of assigned staff including photographers and technicians during specific productions. Works as part of a team and/or in collaboration with others with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment to achieve results.
Exempt / Non Exempt: Exempt – Creative Professional
Basic Function: This is a highly creative role that requires solid organizational skills, good communication and an individual who is collaborative. The Producer will create digital content as well as content for broadcast, coordinate assigned productions, research, arrange interviews, conduct interviews, communicate with production crew for assigned productions, log video, write scripts, track or find talent to track script, collaborate with assigned team for electronic field production (EFP), studio or remote programs as assigned.
Specific Duties (including but not limited to):
- Has experience producing documentaries.
- Create digital content for on-demand as well as social media
- Must be a strong writer and story-teller.
- Can produce a story from start to finish.
- Produces specials, promotional campaigns or public events programs including graphics and conceptual design.
- Conducts necessary research to obtain information required to develop the story or concept.
- Co-produces membership or fundraising campaigns according to established concepts.
- Ability to tell impactful stories and maintain visual cohesiveness by assessing narrative and visual content.
- Ability to shoot video and edit on Final Cut Pro X
- Coordinates the activities of staff assigned to the production.
- Successfully complete projects on time and within budget.
- Prepares necessary reports or maintains log of production activities.
- Works collaboratively with production crew including photographers and editors in the development of production.
Education / Experience / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of broadcast production techniques.
- Knowledge of equipment utilized in production and editing.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications, or related field AND three years’ experience in writing/producing programs in studio and on location; OR,
- Six years’ experience in writing/producing programs in studio and on location; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Must have transportation and be available for evenings and occasionally on weekend.
Rhode Island PBS is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
VACANCY NOTICE DATE: 09/15/2022
PRODUCER (FULL TIME)
Rhode Island PBS Foundation
APPLICATION PERIOD: All resumes must be received or postmarked on or before October 14, 2022
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: SEE ATTACHED POSITION DESCRIPTION
APPLICATIONS: A current resume including education and work experience is acceptable as an application. Please indicate the position for which you are applying. Please deliver, mail or email (NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE)
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
RHODE ISLAND PBS FOUNDATION
50 PARK LANE
PROVIDENCE, RI 02907-3145
RHODE ISLAND PBS FOUNDATION ARE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER