WSKG has an immediate opening for a Broadcast Engineer, reporting to the Chief Engineer.
WSKG Public Media is a non-profit, community-supported public media organization in Vestal, NY. WSKG covers 21 counties in New York’s Southern Tier, central New York and northeast Pennsylvania. It operates two radio stations and a television station, broadcasting a mix of local and national programming, educational programs, news and public affairs shows, documentaries, and arts and cultural programs.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
● Configure, install, and upgrade hardware/software associated with TV and Radio broadcast equipment;
● Perform routine maintenance on broadcast equipment;
● Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems;
● Respond to studio and transmitter issues at 2 TV and 9 FM Radio sites.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
● 2 - 5 years of broadcast and/or IT experience
● Associates degree preferred or equivalent
● Ability to diagnose audio and video signals
● Familiarity with PCs and computer networks
● Valid Driver’s license for periodic transmitter site visits
● Available for a bi-weekly on-call schedule as designated by the NABET Union Contract
Salary: annual: $58,000 - 60,000
FLSA status: Non-exempt - This is a union position.
Interested? Deadline to apply: 8/15/2023
WSKG is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We welcome your interest in joining our team.
Please submit the following required documents: 1) resume, 2) cover letter noting where this job announcement was found and, 3) contact information for three professional references
Required documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to WSKG, Human Resources, 601 Gates Road, Vestal, NY 13850