Member Benefits Coordinator (Development Coordinator) - Job ID 297308
The Membership Department for WTIU and WFIU, IU’s public television and radio stations, is seeking an energetic, collaborative individual with proven marketing and communications skills, a willingness to learn and an enthusiasm for excellent customer service to join our team.
This position reports directly to the Membership Director, and will work directly with IU Radio-Television Services staff, outside partners, and members of the viewing and listening public.
To learn more about WTIU/WFIU, visit our website.
- Plans and implements donor marketing efforts for both WTIU-TV and WFIU-FM to existing members and prospective donors.
- Selects, designs and distributes member benefits and thank you gifts.
- Oversees all phases of fundraising mail appeals.Helps promote WTIU PBS Passport.
- Manages the sustaining membership program.
- Serves as primary point of contact for the Membercard program.
- Contributes to a variety of activities related to donor retention, engagement and stewardship.
- Participates in the coordination and implementation of both stations’ on-air membership campaigns.
- Performs administrative tasks in support of the university's development and advancement efforts and may interact with officers across all development and advancement job families, as well as donors, the general public, and representatives across the university and university community.
- Tasks may include answering phone calls and emails, maintaining and updating donor databases, scheduling events and travel for donor interaction and solicitation, preparing and sending digital and direct mail solicitations, preparing documentation of pledged and received gifts, and coordinating stewardship and donor recognition activities.
- Compiles metrics, facts, and general operations information about IU and its schools and departments for distribution to donors.
- Prepares and updates basic and complex reports and presentations for use by other development staff, engaging supervisor for help as needed.
- Provides an excellent donor experience through customer service, active listening, inclusive language, and thoughtful and persuasive discussion, consistently upholding the integrity and mission of Indiana University.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience in fundraising/development, administrative, a higher education foundation, or a related field.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: Development & Advancement
Job Family: General Development
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.
To apply, search for Job ID "297308" at jobs.iu.edu or visit indianapublicmedia.org/jobs.