WTMD Baltimore is looking for our next on-air host. Our team is expanding and excited to add a versatile staff member with the ability and flexibility to work in several capacities within the programming department. If you are passionate about the Triple -A format and its artists but also possess focus, drive and an attention to detail, we’re looking at you. This position requires on-air experience, preferably in Triple- A or Alternative formats. The ideal candidate has experience with high quality production, a basic knowledge of several social media platforms, and is available periodically for local engagements.
A passion for the Triple- A format and public radio is required. Your understanding of the format and the relevance of new music discovery within it is paramount. A common, if not in- depth, knowledge of the artist’s in our library, a sense of Baltimore and its diverse community and populated surroundings, and a genuineness on the air are all essential qualities. Proficiency with Adobe Audition or a similar audio editing software is a big plus, as is the ability to utilize social media to promote the station and station events.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as on-air host during assigned shifts adhering to all FCC regulations and WTMD standard operation procedures
- Engage the audience in a genuine, authentic manner
- Work with Program Director to optimize station’s performance
- Assist with live and recorded on-air fundraising
- Create production as part of fulfilling projects and meeting deadlines in the Production Schedule
- Schedules, sets the agendas, and runs the daily Production Review meetings with the Program Director, and gains the PD’s approval of all finished production as part of managing production
- Delivers all production elements on schedule to the Traffic Manager
- Interface with the Traffic Manager regularly and gain an understanding of how the different applications and documents within the Traffic system function
- Five years on-air experience, preferably in Triple-A or Alternative
- proven ability to edit audio utilizing multi-track editing software on a PC workstation; strong skills in using Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, or equivalent DAW applications
- Creative and innovative “out-of-the-box” thinker; demonstrates knowledge of effective, contemporary radio production methods, tools, and production styles
- Ability to direct voice talent performances
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, decision-making, and project management skills
- Proven “stickler” for details inherent in the operation of high quality production
- Familiarity using social media platforms
- Available for local engagements and WTMD events
- Deep understanding of the Triple-A format, artists, relevance and new music discovery
- A sense of Baltimore and its diverse community and populated surroundings
- Fluent use of standard computer software tools in business applications
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment
If you think you’ve got what it takes to work in the music-centric city that launched the careers of Beach House and Snail Mail, forward your air-check and production samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates can also apply with cover letter and resume by mail to: Business Manager, 1 Olympic Place, Suite 100, Towson, MD. 21204.
WTMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls, please.