WUCF is Central Florida’s PBS television and FM Jazz stations in Orlando. We are Central Florida's Storyteller, encouraging curiosity and learning through compelling content and community engagement, serving 4 million households across the nine-county Central Florida area.
The Accountant position belongs to WUCF TV and FM, public service of the University of Central Florida to the community. WUCF TV is Central Florida’s storyteller, encourages curiosity and learning through compelling content and community engagement. WUCF FM provides Orlando’s Jazz soundtrack to listeners across Central Florida over the air and online.
We believe that attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to be Central Florida’s storytellers. As we continuously work to build a culture of belonging at WUCF; we encourage BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, women, seniors, youth and more to apply.
Responsible for all aspects of revenues for WUCF TV/FM including billing, handling deposits, journal entries, weekly reconciliation of donor deposits, general ledger account reconciliation, annual external audit and entering data in accounting system.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES
- Weekly reconciliation of donor and underwriting income to bank.
- Invoices for:
- Underwriting – prepares affidavits
- Receives, records and deposits payments
- Maintains and reviews client contract & status of contract to ensure proper and timely billing
- Reconciles accounting records and ledgers.
- Prepares supporting revenue schedules for the monthly Profit & Loss Statements.
- Serves as back-up in:
- Preparing purchase requisitions
- Approving University Procurement Card Transactions
- Submitting contracts for review and approval to the University General Counsel’s Office using the system Cobblestone.
- Processing payroll
- Enters payroll and revenue related transactions in accounting systems.
- Supervises federal Work Study staff.
- Interacts and prepares reports for external auditors with concentration in revenue and fixed assets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Good problem-solving, documentation, research, documentation, and data analysis skills
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Experience with Billing and Reconciliation preferred
- Ability to work well under-pressure of deadlines and competing projects.
- High attention to detail.
- As a PBS-affiliated public media station, you will be able to participate in professional associations with other public media organizations across the nation.
- Professional Development support and opportunities at WUCF.
- As a University of Central Florida department and employer, UCF offers competitive benefits package with many options, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, paid leave, employee assistance program, and tuition waiver.
- Paid Personal Leave Days (Additional Days Off) granted only by action of the President of the university.
- The university’s effort to become more inclusive and diverse through several initiatives.
- UCF School of Performing Arts: Discounted Tickets
- UCF Technology Product Center Discounts
- Employee Discount Program (Pegasus Perks) The University of Central Florida provides employees with an elite collection of local and national discounts from thousands of hotels, restaurants, movie theaters, retailers, florists, theme parks, national attractions, concerts, and events through Abenity
WUCF DEB&I STATEMENT:
At WUCF diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are driving forces behind our mission to be Central Florida’s Storyteller. We strive to be a leader and innovator in telling stories that drive positive change within our community and the world. Our viewers & listeners speak numerous languages, go by different pronouns, and have unique identities. That's why we view diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as mission critical. Together, we have the power to foster a united and inclusive Central Florida community.
Interested candidates must apply on the UCF Careers website, the link is as follows:
For any additional questions and concerns please contact WUCF HR: email@example.com