All Things Considered Host/Producer
WWNO-FM, New Orleans Public Radio, is seeking to hire an announcer/producer to host All Things Considered, deliver regional newscasts, write conversational style copy, anchor region live news, produce audio content for broadcast and digital platforms, conduct interviews and perform all aspects of live or automated daily on-air operations including board operation. This position will entail working closely with the newsroom and conducting regular recorded and live interviews with newsmakers for inclusion in the program. Also host our daily talk show, Louisiana Considered 1-2 times per week. Work in and be part of one of the most culturally dynamic cities in the country.
We’re looking for someone with confidence and personality to serve as the afternoon drive-time voice of WWNO and the region. New Orleans is a quirky city and we want the station to reflect its unique culture!
- Host All Things Considered, manage master control operations, incorporate a daily local presence during broadcast of national programs, and assist newsroom with breaking news.
- Write, edit and deliver local/regional newscasts to air on WWNO (NOLA) and simulcast on WRKF (Baton Rouge)
- Plan, conduct and produce interviews, features for broadcast and digital publication.
- At least one 2-way per week inside ATC.
- Host Louisiana Considered 1-2 per week.
- Post stories online
- Occasional reporting as needed by news director.
- 4-Year degree (journalism, communications desired)
- 2-5 years of broadcast announcing/hosting, journalism, radio reporting experience.
- Radio announcing skills.
- Experience with Adobe Audition or other digital audio editing software.
- Experience with digital news publishing; knowledge of broadcast audio board. operation, broadcast automation operation, and demonstrated interviewing and news reporting skills.
- Demonstrated news writing skills.
- Comfortable with/learning digital platforms.
- Comfortable with live interviews
- Sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches.
- Ability to work on deadline.
- Experience reporting/hosting at an NPR station.
- Knowledge of public broadcasting
WWNO ATC Host/Reporter Application link
CLOSING DATE: Position will remain open until filled. To assure full consideration, applications should be received by 5/31/23.
The University of New Orleans is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, ethnic minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.