The Executive Assistant contributes to the mission of Your Public Radio by providing administrative support to the President and CEO and exceptional service to all constituents who interact with the CEO’s office. The Executive Assistant conducts all activities with discretion, confidentiality and professionalism. The Executive Assistant works independently to contribute to the responsiveness, effectiveness and accessibility of the CEO’s office and related activity. This role also engages deeply with staff and is the liaison and responsible for all aspects of managing relations with the Board of Directors and Community Advisory Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain electronic calendars for CEO as well as other members of leadership. Provide confirmation and reminders of meetings. Secure reservations for outside meetings and schedule conference rooms and technology/equipment as needed. Regularly review calendar and proactively manage scheduling conflicts. Coordinate with content, development and other departments on events in which the CEO participates.
- Manage administrative activities for the Your Public Radio governing board/committees, including scheduling, logistics, bylaws, policies, meeting minutes and any other special considerations. Maintain records, materials and files for all Board committees, working groups and task forces. Oversee all activities for new Board and committee member orientation including scheduling, refining all orientation materials and summary reports.
- Coordinate all strategy and logistical details for the Community Advisory Board (CAB) and ascertainment meetings in partnership with the CAB Chair, including scheduling, agendas, minutes and any other special considerations. Maintain records, materials and files for CAB meetings, including minutes, bylaws, policies, and resolutions. Reaffirm on an annual basis that CAB is compliant with the standards of Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- Assist with and provide hospitality for guests. Arrange catering as needed. Provide concierge level of service to board members, donors and guests. Assist with constituent stewardship and recognition. Contact constituents on behalf of CEO to arrange meetings, luncheons, invitations etc. Attend and assist with special events as needed. Generate RSVPs, reminders and follow up when needed.
- Draft, edit and proofread correspondence for the CEO. Create and maintain frequently used distribution lists.
- Prepare agendas, schedule and keep notes for regular and ad hoc meetings. File and distribute notes, correspondence and minutes. Track projects, due dates and provide reminders for CEO and other staff as applicable.
- Sort and organize items for review daily. Retrieve and process To Do items throughout the day. Maintain files. Liaison with listener and donor services to research and answer questions.
- Make travel arrangements for CEO and other members of leadership including lodging, transportation, and registrations. Prepare and submit travel documentation and expense reports in accordance with travel policy. Prepare travel folder for CEO and other members of leadership with all relevant information, confirmations, meeting materials etc. Monitor and maintain travel budget.
- Assist with employee, board and donor recognition - acknowledging personally important events, accomplishments, etc. Maintain stock of cards and Your Public Radio logo items. Use proper procedures to purchase/send flowers and acknowledgements to donors, staff or other constituents.
- Contribute positively as an ad hoc member of the Senior and Leadership team units.
- Communicate issues of importance frequently to others. Seek or offer assistance when needed and available to CEO and other members of leadership.
- Drive personal vehicle for transporting guests, picking up supplies and other organization errands as needed (standard IRS mileage reimbursement applies).
- Provide backup for other administrative personnel.
- Other job duties as may be assigned.
- Change/Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change that benefits Your Public Radio, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, promptly shares information and ideas with others throughout the organization as appropriate, has active listening skills, can negotiate and persuade as needed.
- Results Focus/Initiative: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets high standards and takes responsibility, provides leadership/motivation.
- Collaboration: Working collaboratively with others to solve problems, achieve common goals and positive results. Listens to others and values opinions. Is open with other team members and expresses disagreement constructively. Seeks opportunities to work on teams as a means to develop experience and knowledge.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Your Public Radio.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a high-level executive assistant required.
- Meticulous sense of detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Active communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of staff and activities.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of tools.
- Adept with technology for document creation, management and presentation.
- Working knowledge of Your Public Radio programming and the services of the network is preferred.
- Access to a personal vehicle highly desired.
Professionalism: Observes work rules and practices covered during the orientation process and practices appropriate conduct as outlined in the Your Public Radio Handbook.