Your Public Radio, seeks a full-time Institutional Giving Manager (IGM) to contribute to the strategic growth of WYPR and WTMD by developing and implementing strategies to increase philanthropic support from foundations, corporations, and other organizations. The IGM will serve as a key member of the development team.
Role & Responsibilities - Candidate will work collaboratively as a member of the development team on the following:
- Develop relationships with local and national foundations to ensure a robust pipeline of potential grant funding to advance the programming initiatives and community outreach objectives of WYPR.
- Draft all proposals and letters of inquiry following guidelines and deadlines provided by funders.
- Create templates for grants and reports and maintain depository of source language for grant proposals.
- Manage calendar and timely submission of grant applications, reports, contracts, and other documents.
- Maintain a real-time system for tracking grant submissions, reporting deadlines, and renewal due dates.
- Effectively work with programming colleagues to coordinate input from key funders, ensure appropriate messaging, and support the development of campaign and appeal materials.
- Conduct prospect research of foundations, government, and corporate funders to determine appropriate matches between WYPR and funders.
- Develop a strategic plan for funding the growth of the station through foundation, corporate, government, and community support complete with targeted goals and an internal reporting system.
- Provide writing and editing support for communication, programmatic, and development related materials.
- Associate’s degree and/or 7-10 years’ experience required.
- Demonstrated track record of managing a large portfolio of successful grant applications.
- Preference for experience reviewing budgets and financial reports.
- Preference for experience with non-profits and public media.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, including the capacity to communicate complex ideas, program-related metrics, and outcomes to a variety of audiences.
- Highly organized with attentiveness to details and adherence to deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively using a multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Knowledge of prospect management and research techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize a high volume of information.
- Ability to foster a collaborative, customer-oriented working environment.
- Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Change/Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change in a fast moving, live news environment., is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, participates in regular feedback sessions, promptly shares information and ideas with others throughout the organization as appropriate, has active listening skills, can negotiate and persuade as needed.
- Results Focus/Initiative: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets high standards and takes responsibility, provides leadership/motivation.
- Collaboration: Working collaboratively with others to solve problems, achieve common goals and positive results. Listens to others and values opinions. Is open with other team members and expresses disagreement constructively. Seeks opportunities to work on teams as a means to develop experience and knowledge.
Professionalism: Observes work rules and practices covered during the orientation process and practices appropriate conduct as outlined in the Your Public Radio Handbook.
WYPR offers a competitive benefits package.
Applications can also be mailed to Business Manager, WYPR, 2216 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. WYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.
The Organization: WYPR is a long-standing, reliable source of news, captivating programming and community engagement in the greater Baltimore and Maryland region. The mission of Your Public Radio Corporation is to inform, connect and even challenge the listeners we serve in the metropolitan Baltimore area and the State of Maryland by broadcasting programs of intellectual integrity and cultural merit to provide an unbiased perspective of the events of today and to enrich the minds and spirits of our audience.