WTTW (Chicago PBS) is looking for a Director of On-Air Membership & Growth. This individual will plan and execute WTTW’s on-air pledge drives utilizing direct response television, digital and email fundraising techniques to grow the number of new, renewing, and sustaining members and increase revenue. The ideal candidate is passionate about the mission and value of public media, is strategic, and a collaborative self-starter.
- Create, test, optimize and execute annual strategy and plan for generating pledge drive-sourced membership revenue, including budgeting and operational planning, campaign strategy development, and back-end analysis.
- Direct and execute all on-air fundraising activities and production including brand-aligned message development, talent recruitment and training, pre-tape and live fundraising break production both in-studio and on location, roll-in and premium shoot production, and guest appearances.
- Create and execute fun, in-person and virtual events related to programming to drive membership and revenue.
- Develop giving incentives including premium/thank-you gift strategies and oversee premium inventory management and vendor relationships with a focus on increasing diverse suppliers.
- Work cross-functionally with digital marketing team to develop and execute new strategies and tactics to drive growth.
- Participate in in program scheduling.
- Secure and collaborate with external vendors for specialized services including inventory management, overflow inbound calling and other initiatives.
- Track and report on campaign performance and membership metrics to transform data into actionable data sets and analytics for optimized fundraising performance; adhere to organizational data security policies.
- Manage, develop, and support high-performance team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an outcomes-driven fundraising team and adjacent production staff
- Exceptional oral, written communication and people skills
- Detail-oriented organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects successfully and independently prioritize a heavy workload with a positive approach to consistently meet required deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- 5+ years of experience managing direct response marketing campaigns, ideally in public media television fundraising setting
- Experience with donor database and automated email marketing systems
- Working knowledge of video and field production preferred
EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a direct marketing or public media setting.
Please apply on our website: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WWCI&cws=40&rid=273