WTTW (Chicago PBS) and WFMT (classical music radio station) are looking for a Director of Engineering Maintenance & Production Operations who will manage and maintain the engineering and maintenance department.
- Proactively manage and develop engineering maintenance supervisors and team members.
- Design, procure, implement, and test new technology related to broadcast production, and post-production.
- Ensure service standards are met consistently for repairs and installations.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and troubleshoot discrepancy reports to improve problem areas.
- Collaborate with managers, engineers, manufacturers, vendors, and others.
- Effectively manage and motivate staff to ensure best-in-class and cost/time-efficient broadcast and distribution operations to produce the highest level of quality to audience.
- Develop deep understanding of union contracts; educate/train bargaining unit and non-bargaining unit staff on jurisdictional rules.
- Work with engineering management to establish goals and processes in order to ensure measurable outcomes.
- Document policies and procedures to improve operational functions where engineering is critical to the output.
- Manage and maintain news production server systems, news content storage and playout systems, graphics and editing systems.
- Up-to-date knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to gather and apply appropriate data, analyze that data, and design unique devices, systems, programs, or equipment as needed.
- Practical knowledge of electronic test equipment, tools, calculations, technical documentation, and web-based user interface used to maintain broadcast transmission systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be process oriented, results-driven and focused on demonstrable outcomes.
- High level of personal integrity and leadership ability, communication, planning, decision making, and customer service skills.
- The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form in addition to being able to work closely with all station staff in a team environment.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years’ experience in TV Engineering which must include a strong IT background.
- Management experience required.
- Familiarity with Evertz, Grass Valley and Ross switchers, Sony playback and recorders. graphics systems, Robotic Cameras and Telestream Vantage is a plus, as well as an understanding and experience in TV production operations.
- Knowledge of FCC compliance rules & regulations.
- Supervising, scheduling & leading personnel.
- Familiarity with labor law and practices.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Engineering or IT is a plus.
Please apply directly on our website: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WWCI&cws=40&rid=283