The WFMT General Manager/Program Director will work cross-functionally to manage operations and produce and present relevant, best-in-class classical music content that drives audience growth; map station activities to strategic plan initiatives and goals; and align with the organization’s mission, vision, values, and purpose.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to understand and identify priorities, align resources with budget/funding considerations and operational capabilities, and recommend and deliver on strategic goals.
- Identify a clear vision for WFMT, and supervise day-to-day broadcasting, programming, and production to align with that vision.
- Participate in business planning and execution (e.g., budgeting, community engagement, cross-functional priority projects) with leaders across the organization.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to enhance content development, marketing/promotion, digital content production, community engagement, engineering; and development/sales.
- Lead produced program and live in-studio performance development and production.
- Oversee WFMT pledge drive production from planning to execution – including scheduling on-air hosts, producing on-air spots, and serving as on-air fundraiser – with an outcomes-driven and new member acquisition view; requires a focus on sustainability
- Leverage data to implement classical music programming best practices when scheduling hosts, programming hosted classical music, and producing listener-focused playlists across dayparts.
- Identify classical music special programming and partnership opportunities to drive community impact across younger and more diverse audiences and work with relevant staff to develop and deliver content for multi-platform promotion and delivery.
- Proactively manage a team by objective and deploy resources most effectively, providing constructive feedback, incorporating measurement of performance, and reinforcing accountability
- Serve as ambassador for WFMT in the community by developing strong partnerships with leaders of fellow arts organizations, attending performances and concerts, and offering presentations and remarks at engagement and donor events.
- Oversee the WFMT syndication business, including station relations and operations, to meet and maximize annual financial targets to ensure long-term financial sustainability.
- In collaboration with key staff, oversee music scheduling database and other systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned; some travel required.
- Outstanding general management skills across all levels of organization
- Conflict management and resolution
- Ability to work with variety of working styles and personalities
- Ability to manage remote individual contributors
- Ability to create, develop and execute new ideas
- Possess solid understanding and knowledge of classical music
- Understanding and knowledge of radio and digital platforms
- Ability to formulate, articulate and execute on future vision for WFMT in alignment with strategic plan
- 10-15+ years of senior management experience at major media or fine arts organization
- Classical music
- Radio production
- On-air/broadcasting/digital content creation
- Revenue generation/ management
- Non-profit operations
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred.
Send Application Materials To:
Please apply directly on our website: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WWCI&cws=46&rid=288