WPR seeks a dynamic and visionary leader who wants to be part of building and sustaining a strong future for public radio in Wisconsin. The Chief Development Officer will lead a team of 40 people whose work connects WPR's mission of trusted public service with supporters across our communities.
This position works in close partnership with the Director of Radio to build and advance WPR's development strategy and vision, and will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying data-driven and innovative approaches for membership, major and planned giving and business sponsorship programs. The Chief Development Officer will set individual and team goals, manage performance metrics for the team, and analyze and report on performance. They are also responsible for ensuring compliance for financial and broadcast reporting, and will serve as the Executive Director of the Wisconsin Public Radio Association board.
Determines the strategic direction of the unit, personally cultivates and maintains relationships with business and industry partners; and is accountable for all unit programmatic, fiscal, and personnel related matters to align with corporate and foundation-related institutional strategic goals.
- 20% Directs the development of large scale and high-profile strategic planning initiatives and objectives to ensure appropriate use of financial, administrative, and staffing resources and alignment with the strategic plan
- 5% Develops operating policies and procedures to comply with regulations, institutional policies, and objectives
- 15% Directs the implementation of participation in campaign and engagement efforts
- 20% Serves as a liaison to internal and external stakeholder groups providing organizational information and representing the interests of the institution in the cultivation of industry and business partner relationships
- 10% Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- 5% Supervises and develops director-level staff
- 10% Develops and oversees the budget
- 15% Serves as Executive Director of the Wisconsin Public Radio Association
For more information on the position and how to apply, please visit: https://jobs.wisc.edu/jobs/wpr-chief-development-officer-madison-wisconsin-united-states