Wisconsin Public Radio's marketing department is committed to strategic storytelling and communications that engage audiences to increase awareness of, and revenue for, the station's award-winning content on-air, online and in communities across Wisconsin. We reach current and future audiences through creative broadcast and digital promotions, earned, paid and social media and community events. The Communications Specialist is a critical team member who supports WPR's statewide marketing and development strategies through writing, editing and project management. We value diverse perspectives, audience-oriented thinking and data-driven decision making.
Regular writing and editing assignments include: media releases, on-air scripts and online promotional copy, annual station reports, advocacy materials, ad copy and creative brief development. This position also plays an important role in community partnerships, events and promotions in Madison and the counties of south central Wisconsin. Reports to the director of marketing and communications and collaborates with the marketing, development, and content departments at WPR among others.
As part of its commitment to reach and serve all Wisconsinites, WPR's marketing team believes it is critical to bring new and diverse viewpoints and perspectives into the team. We are committed to equitable, unbiased hiring processes, flexible work environments, and ongoing, open conversations and reviews of diversity, equity and inclusion in our content and workplace.
Develops and drafts communication content and assists in the execution of the communications strategy in support of unit communication goals.
- 5% Monitors reach and effectiveness of communication campaigns, projects, and initiatives
- 5% Plans editorial content according to established goals and objects
- 5% Communicates with stakeholders to verify requests and identify editorial resources
- 60% Writes, edits, and publishes content for various communication projects and marketing platforms to align with strategic initiatives and established communication campaigns
- 15% Provides project management and execution of communications programs, initiatives, and tactical plans
- 10% Foster and maintain relationships with community organizations in WPR?s south central region (and statewide as needed) to build brand awareness, engagement and audience through partnerships and collaboration.
For more information on this position and how to apply, please visit: https://jobs.wisc.edu/jobs/communications-specialist-madison-wisconsin-united-states-028e4546-17f2-4ce6-b2df-10c1a8ae30c7