CPB Board of Directors to Hold Annual Meeting on September 23-24, 2019
September 11, 2019
WASHINGTON, D.C. (September 11, 2019) -- The CPB Board of Directors will hold its annual meeting in Washington, D.C., on Monday, September 23, from 9:30 am – 4:45 pm ET, and Tuesday, September 24, from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm ET.
On the draft agenda:
Day One (September 23):
- Approval of Minutes (public and executive sessions)
- Chair’s and Directors’ Remarks
- Election of Chair and Vice Chair
- President’s Report to the Board
- Update on Digital Infrastructure (executive session)
- Update from Dave Isay, president and founder, StoryCorps
- Update on the Community Service Grant Program Review
- Annual Code of Ethics Certification and Review of Conflict of Interests Policy
Day Two (September 24):
- Review and Approval of FY 2020 Operating Budget
- Review of Business Plan (public and executive sessions)
- Discussion of Calendar Year 2020 Meeting Dates and Locations
- Future Agenda Items
- Personnel Matter (executive session)
With the exception of the executive sessions, the public may attend and listen to these meetings in the board room of the National Academy of Sciences, 2101 Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, D.C., 20418.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), a private, nonprofit corporation created by Congress in 1967, is the steward of the federal government’s investment in public broadcasting. It helps support the operations of more than 1,500 locally owned and operated public television and radio stations nationwide. CPB is also the largest single source of funding for research, technology and program development for public radio, television and related online services. For more information, visit cpb.org, follow us on Twitter @CPBmedia, Facebook and LinkedIn and subscribe for other updates.