The Station Activity Survey (SAS) collects information from public broadcasting stations about their operations so that the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) can:
- provide detailed information about public broadcasting to Congress, the Federal Communications Commission and the American public;
- help stations and other public broadcasting organizations with planning and evaluation;
- study and anticipate industry-wide trends;
- and monitor the results of stations' equal employment opportunity practices.
SAS data also helps CPB calculate the next fiscal year's Community Service Grants for grantees. All CPB-supported grant recipients must complete the SAS survey in order to receive the second Community Service Grants payment.
Joint licensees must complete a separate SAS survey for TV and Radio.
If you need assistance please contact CPB at (866) 635-ISIS  or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 SAS Survey System
- TV 2020 Instruction Guide
Version 15-1, 221KB PDF
- TV 2020 Survey Questions
Version 15-1, 90KB Excel
- TV 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
Version 15-1, 95KB PDF
- Radio 2020 Instruction Guide
Version 15-1, 331KB PDF
- Radio 2020 Survey Questions
Version 15-1, 104KB Excel
- Radio 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
Version 15-1, 98KB PDF